Emergency Planning For Pets
Pets are the new kids these days. They have become just as important as any family member to most of us, so why would you not have a plan of action set up for them in case of the unexpected.
While practicing fire escape or evacuation plans, be sure to include your pets. If an evacuation happens, don't leave pets behind as they can be lost or injured.
Most veterinary clinics and shelters have scanners that will read the microchip information to help find a pet's owner. Look into chipping your pets as it can be beneficial in the long run.
Pet Emergency Kit
- Food- 3 day supply in waterproof container
- Water- 3 days worth of water for your pet
- Medicines and medical records
- Collar and harness with ID tags and leash
- Crate or pet carrier
- Sanitation- Litter,newspapers,towels,plastic trash bags,etc...
- Familiar items such as...
Treats, toys, bedding can help reduce stress for your pets.