Cigarette Smoke Odor Removal
Cigarettes have been around for hundreds of years and they continue to be a source of harmful odors. Not only do they contaminate the air, but they will discolor surfaces with a yellowish-brown tint.
Some short term solutions include:
1. Using a vinegar spray and wiping surfaces
2. Using scented candles or air fresheners
3. Buying indoor plants
To fully eliminate cigarette smoke odor:
1. Clean/replace air filters
2. Clean walls/ceilings with ammonia and glycol, then repaint
3. Hire a professional cleaning company (SERVPRO). The professional process involves a thorough cleaning followed by the use of ozone generators that destroy the smoke particles that are hiding deep within a surface.
Cigarette smoke can be a nuisance, but there's ways to fight back!