Tips on Protecting Your Redondo Beach/ Manhattan Beach Property From Heavy Rain
SERVPRO of Redondo Beach/Manhattan Beach stays ready for the community 24/7/365. We stay open for the Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach community, along with the rest of Los Angeles County when you need us most!
In today's blog we will be providing great TIPS on how to prevent damages to your property from heavy rain.
Now it may be impossible to stop every water issue, there are preventative measures you can do to protect your home or business from heavy rain. They include:
- Buying Sandbags. Sometimes your property may have certain areas that can accumulate lots of water due to poor drainage. Water can seep into your home and become a costly problem. Sandbags can be the cheapest and fastest solution until further action is taken.
- Install a sump pump. Sump pumps are very beneficial because they drain water from the interior of a structure to the outside when it comes in contact with water.
- Roof inspection prior to rain fall. We get so many calls during a storm because of a minor roof leak. Fixing issues as they arise can save you hundreds to thousands of dollars.
- Installing a backwater valve. This device is very beneficial because it prevents city sewers from backing up into your plumbing fixtures.
- Clean your rain gutters. Leaves, twigs, and other debris get cause and cause water damage issues. Always check to be safe.