Dealing With Water Damage In Your Manhattan Beach Home
Whether you're dealing with a flood, sewage backup, or extreme weather conditions at your Manhattan Beach property, we must work together as a team to ensure our loved ones, businesses, and neighborhoods are prepared and ready for the unexpected.
Are you prepared financially if a disaster strikes? Do you and your family have an emergency fund for unexpected expenses after a flood or sewage backup?
It's best to have a plan of action financially and ensure you have the right coverage in your policy with your insurance carrier.
5 Tips Dealing With Water Damage...
- Turn off the water source: Usually water damage is caused by a broken pipe, broken water heater, etc. Knowing where your water main shut off is located is critical. Do you know where your water main shut off valve is located?
- Safety First: Shut off the breakers, or unplug electrical devices in the affected areas. Make sure your kids, pets, or partner is away from any standing water.
- Contact your insurance: Call to inform your insurance the situation and see how they'll approach the water removal and restoration process.
- Protect your valuable possessions: Protect your valuable possessions first. Raise or set your furniture legs on aluminum foil or wooden blocks from the water as this can lead to mold or rot.
- Work with SERVPRO: It's so important to work with a professional restoration company like SERVPRO of Redondo/ Manhattan Beach. We have the proper industrial equipment to get the job done right and make it "Like it never even happened."