No matter where you're living in the United States, you're still at risk for potentially dangerous weather. Preparing for such a disaster and knowing what actions to take will help reduce the chances of injury or property damage.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when dealing with storms:
1. Develop an evacuation plan with transportation routes
2. Gather emergency supplies such as water and nonperishables
3. Stay out of flooded areas especially with downed power lines
4. Unplug all electrical appliances
5. Stay away from openings such as windows where debris can fly through
6. Remain calm and do not return home until authorities say it is safe
If you or anyone you know has suffered from any sort of property damage, don't hesitate to call SERVPRO to help make it, "Like it never even happened."