How to decorate your home safely this holiday season
We all love to drive around the neighborhood to admire the brightly lit homes around the holidays. Here are some tips that will keep your home safe while participating in the festivities.
1. Make sure cords and connections are not on the floor to avoid accidents.
2. Keep anything electrical such as light strands, away from the rain gutters.
3. Avoid using metal or tacks to secure outdoor lights, opt for tape when possible.
4. Be careful with ladders, they should not be anywhere near overhead power lines. Try to have someone available to hold the ladder steady.
5. Its best to have inflatable decorations plugged into circuit protectors to avoid shock.
6. Always turn off all lights and blow out all candles before leaving home or going to bed.
7. Last but definitely not least, lets protect our pocket books by turning on lights after 7pm!
Happy Holidays from SERVPRO of Redondo Beach/Manhattan Beach!