PLAN. PREPARE. STAY AWARE
Northern California is dealing with extreme wildfires and could possibly get even worse in the next few days. If you live near the area it's best to have a plan of action for you and your loved ones if the situation gets worse.
Being prepared for evacuation can help you have a plan of action so you won't be trapped and leave anything behind.
Follow these steps to be prepared.
- Prepare family emergency packages for every individual in the family. Water, snacks, extra pair of clothes, medication, etc...
- Be sure to monitor your local emergency response plan, evacuation centers, evacuation orders, safety routes.
- Make an emergency checklist for your house. Ensure that the gas is off, all windows are closed, any highly flammable products away from your home or windows.
- Cover up well and protect yourself. Wear long-sleeved clothing (avoid shorts) wear heavy duty shoes/boots, face mask. googles, etc.
- Locate ALL PETS and take them with you.