Tips for Water Damage in Your Manhattan Beach Home
A homeowner must not underestimate the possibility of water damage striking their property. Being adequately prepared will ensure that your homes, businesses, and communities are minimally affected by such disasters.
Whether you are dealing with a pipe, appliance, or a back up, you can count on the following tips to help prevent long term damage.
- Turn off the cause of the water leak: In order to minimize the extent of the damage to your property, it is important to turn off the source of the water supply. It is crucial to be aware of where your main water valve is located at your home so you can easily access and shut off when the situation calls for it.
- Call a plumber or leak detection company: If you know where the source of the leak is, the next step will be to call a plumber to get the source of the water repaired. As mentioned, this may be an appliance or a pipe. However, if the source is not known then a leak detection company may be needed in order to determine the source and get it fixed.
- Contact your insurance company: It is important to contact your insurance company when a water damage situation happens to assess if a claim needs to be filed.
- Protect Your Valuables: Make sure that any furniture or valuable belongings make little contact with the water damaged materials such as an affected wall, ceiling, or floor.
- Call SERVPRO!: You can not go wrong by reaching out to a professional home remediation company such as SERVPRO of Redondo Beach/Manhattan Beach to address potential water damage at your property. We have the licensed technicians and appropriate equipment to make it, “Like it never even happened.”