How Can Mold Affect Your Contents?
SERVPRO Redondo Beach/Manhattan Beach is dedicated to preserving our community’s properties. We do not take for granted that a house is not just a structure. It is a home and a sanctuary and you can count on us to treat it as such. However, the structure is not the only thing that can become affected by disasters such as water, mold, and fire damage. One must be aware of how our contents may be affected in such disasters. Here are some factors involved with possibly affected contents.
Inspection and Determining it Can Be Restored
Determining if an object can be restored is based on:
- How long has it been exposed
- The type of material the object is
Options for Affected Contents:
- Restore: Items that are deemed salvageable can be restored and returned.
- Dispose: Items that are deemed unsalvageable must be disposed of. Oftentimes this is the case with MOLD affected objects.
Avoiding Mold on Contents:
- Be aware of what objects are near leaks or water damage affected materials.
- Move contents away so they do not become affected.
- Use a cement block to keep furniture from touching water or mold affected flooring.
Should you have any doubts, call SERVPRO Redondo Beach/Manhattan Beach today at 310-939-9293!