Fire Prevention Tips For The Holidays
Fire Prevention Tips for the upcoming Holidays.
With the holidays right around the corner, it will be beneficial for homeowners to be better informed about these tips.
This awareness can provide risk prevention measures, so that you can enjoy the holidays worry free.
Statistics show that U.S Fire Departments respond to an estimated average of 790 home structure fires per year.
How to not be a part of that statistic?
- When choosing holiday decorations, choose ones that are flame resistant. ? When lighting candles, keep them away from any decorations that might be flammable.
- Test your smoke alarms regularly and inform any guests about your fire escape plan.
- Always make sure you turn off tree lights and lit decorations before leaving your home or going to bed.
- Keep any flammable items at least 3 ft away from the fireplace, and use a fire screen.
- When trying to heat your home make sure to not use a cooking range or oven.
- Always have a fire extinguisher handy.
Please feel free to share these tips with your loved ones, neighbors, and friends. Should a situation arise there’s a few things you should remember; exit to safety, call emergency services, then lastly SERVPRO to help assess the damages.