Neglected water damage has consequences
We just had a feedback from a student tenant in a private property close to a big university in Southern California, during last heavy rain season the roof of their unit leaked and the students reported the issue to the property management. They were informed that the repair will be done soon. It has been over a month and the repair is not initiated.
This story made us think of the importance to educate our community once more: Please do not neglect water damages, no matter small or big, and even if they are not covered by your Insurance. Recommendation, and reasoning are the following,
- Getting rid of a fresh water damage costs less. As soon as the source of damage is found and water stops the intrusion, Let a professional water remediation Company like ours, remove the porous material, dry the humidity in the damaged area and repair the structure.
- When the water stays in the structure, drywall, ceiling tile, carpet or the wooden frame of your building it continues to extend the damage, Water and humidity will sip slowly but surely to the adjacent area and after a couple of days the humidity extends to a bigger area than initially affected.
- Humidity attracts mold spores, termites, insects and even bacterial spores in some areas (around kitchen sink, or bathrooms, even in bedrooms in some cases).
- After a few days of negligence, instead of a simple water damage cleanup process, the building will need a more extensive cleanup procedure, or a mold remediation.
- Consequences are for the residents of a residential building, or workers and employees of a commercial building, may it be a simple odor or a more serious health issue.
- The cleanup process will be more complicated and need longer period of time and will then cost more for the responsible party.
We would like to emphasis the importance of the issue for all residents of our community, and insist to please call us anytime, 24/7, and we will do our best to minimize the damage, and the inconvenience.