Damaging Wind Storms Across Southern California
Storm damage restoration
Through the first couple of weeks in February, Southern California has been experiencing severe winds causing damages to our properties.
During the winter time no matter where we live, we will always experience some type of storm damage. We should always be prepared with a plan of action for the unexpected. Whether we're dealing with damages to our roofs, a fallen tree, or fallen tree branches across our property, we need to stay ready for the worst and execute with a rapid response to avoid secondary damages.
Our team at SERVPRO of Redondo/Manhattan Beach stay ready to respond to disasters 24/7/365! We have knowledgeable certified storm damage restoration technicians prepared to offer assessments, cleanup and repair services.
Our team is ready for any challenges and ready to execute when you need us most. We have experience working with massive storm damages to minor wind damages helping homeowners get their property back to pre loss conditions.
Have Storm or Flood Damage?
For more information on recovering from water damage caused by weather related disasters, or any other related causes, contact us 24/7/365 at
Inspecting properties for mold
Over 50% of houses have mold in their attics and homeowners have no idea. Most homeowners share the same reaction and concern, What type of mold is it? SERVPRO of Redondo/ Manhattan Beach can save you extra money in repair costs or even prevent you from being unable to sell your home on the market when dealing with mold.
Being Proactive is Key
Being a property owner its your responsibility to be proactive and inspect places in your home that are not usually inspected on the regular. Leaving mold unnoticed is a dangerous gamble for homeowners and very cost effective.
What Causes Attic Mold?
Poor ventilation can lead to condensation in your attic causing mold to build up and feed on. The water vapor in your property must go somewhere, and if it's not ventilated properly outdoors, you can end up with gathered moisture in your attic. You can get attic mold in warm or cold weather, always good to check for mold in your attic a couple times a year.
One of the most common causes of attic mold is a bathroom fan or dryer vent that runs directly to the attic. Directing the air straight to the attic is a red flag. Always avoid doing this if you're a homeowner. Feel free to reach out to us on any questions at (310) 939-9293.
What to Expect From SERVPRO Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect mold in your office or home you're more than likely to call different companies to see what the process is and how much it's going to cost...
Here at SERVPRO of Redondo/ Manhattan Beach we have our certified technicians that deal with mold remediation on the daily, helping countless property owners with their mold issues.
What Exactly Is Mold Remediation?
Mold remediation has different steps depending if there's visible mold or suspicion of mold.
Suspected Mold: If you suspect mold but can't see it with the naked eye, we would get a third party company involved to provide air samples within the suspected areas to be tested for mold spores.
Visible Mold: For visible mold, we would schedule an assessment with our certified technician to provide an estimate and a plan of action.
- Assessment: SERVPRO tech will perform moisture check in suspected areas, thoroughly search your home for mold, looking at areas that most commonly have issues with mold.
- Testing: Test for non visible mold to get a report and the correct treatment from the lab results.
- Results/Plan of Action: When the results come back with the suggested plan of action, our team of professionals will come up with a treatment plan based on their findings during the assessment, and the lab results from the third party company.
- Treatment: Leakes and pipes must be fixed, windows must be sealed, anything that caused moisture to build and cause mold growth must be situated before mold remediation begins. Drywall or wood foundations may be replaced, wallpaper or flooring materials may be replaced. Antimicrobial solution will be used to deep clean the area, and then some time to properly dry out the area to prevent it from happening again.
- Final Process: After a few days if mold hasn't grown back, reconstruction can begin.
Dealing With Water Damage In Your Manhattan Beach Home
Whether you're dealing with a flood, sewage backup, or extreme weather conditions at your Manhattan Beach property, we must work together as a team to ensure our loved ones, businesses, and neighborhoods are prepared and ready for the unexpected.
Are you prepared financially if a disaster strikes? Do you and your family have an emergency fund for unexpected expenses after a flood or sewage backup?
It's best to have a plan of action financially and ensure you have the right coverage in your policy with your insurance carrier.
5 Tips Dealing With Water Damage...
- Turn off the water source: Usually water damage is caused by a broken pipe, broken water heater, etc. Knowing where your water main shut off is located is critical. Do you know where your water main shut off valve is located?
- Safety First: Shut off the breakers, or unplug electrical devices in the affected areas. Make sure your kids, pets, or partner is away from any standing water.
- Contact your insurance: Call to inform your insurance the situation and see how they'll approach the water removal and restoration process.
- Protect your valuable possessions: Protect your valuable possessions first. Raise or set your furniture legs on aluminum foil or wooden blocks from the water as this can lead to mold or rot.
- Work with SERVPRO: It's so important to work with a professional restoration company like SERVPRO of Redondo/ Manhattan Beach. We have the proper industrial equipment to get the job done right and make it "Like it never even happened."
Avoiding Mold Growth In Commercial Buildings
Commercial mold remediation services
Mold can be found all around us, its a necessary component in life but should not be necessary in our homes or working spaces. Prompt mitigation is crucial to avoid mold growth, which can be visible in as little as 24 to 48 hours under the situation you're dealing with.
Ways To Keep Your Facility Mold Free
- Inspect the roof for leaks, windows, building cracks, and any other areas where water can make its way into the structure.
- Inspect all your plumbing and appliances for leaks and maintenance issues.
- keep the humidity levels between 30 to 60%.
- Always have proper drainage away from building foundations.
- keep all gutters and drains free of debris.
- Always have a rapid response to water intrusions to avoid secondary damages.
- Always have SERVPRO of Redondo/ Manhattan Beach on speed dial at
Fire Extinguisher Cleanup In Los Angeles and Beach Cities.
Fire/Smoke/Soot Cleanup Services
The month of October is Fire Prevention Month and a perfect time to ensure safety for your home or business, including knowing the best type of fire extinguishers for your property.
Here at SERVPRO of Redondo/ Manhattan Beach we stand on over 15 years of experience and expertise to help ensure you stay safe, informed, and ready for any disasters that come your way. We offer emergency services 24/7/365 if you deal with fire/smoke/soot damage or need some cleanup services after putting out some flames using your fire extinguisher.
We can be reached at (310) 939-9293 for any questions or quotes on cleanup.
Different Fire Extinguishers and Their Purpose...
- ABC Powder Fire Extinguisher is one of the most common and multi purpose extinguishers on the market. This is a chemical powder that acts to suffocate the fire but leaves lots of residue.
- Clean Agent Fire Extinguisher is very eco friendly and safe to use around humans. Best part about this extinguisher is that it doesn't leave any residue and no need for cleanup. (Best for offices filled with electronics/computers/server rooms)
- Carbon Dioxide Fire Extinguishers is another cleaner type of extinguisher that leaves no residue and requires no cleanup.
The past few months have been trying for many of us. And while it is not suggested to meet in large groups, we should still seek council from the community for the many issues we face.
The rise of Zoom has created an online community in which we can ask questions and find information without having to directly interact with people. This has changed the way businesses operate and will continue to aid us in the future.
We used to hold meetings and have community gatherings, but now we are advised not to do so. This doesn't mean we can't uphold a strong communication with the people around us.
If anyone has any questions or concerns regarding property restoration or Covid-19 disinfecting, be sure to contact SERVPRO of Redondo Beach. We are happy to be of service! 310-939-9293
With the COVID-19 pandemic still sweeping through the nation, it's never a bad time to do a thorough cleaning of your commercial buildings.
The first step is to do a basic cleaning with disposable gloves. This includes cleaning surfaces with soap and water and then using a disinfectant.
Make sure to use skin and eye protection while performing these tasks. Read the instructions on the disinfectant to ensure safety.
Once a proper cleaning has been done, you'll want to vacate the area and let it breathe. Make sure there's adequate ventilation throughout the building.
If any area was previously contaminated, close it off for at least 24 hours before going into clean it.
These are just a few tips while cleaning and disinfecting your commercial building.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call SERVPRO Redondo Beach 310-939-9293!
Keep Fall in Redondo Beach/ Manhattan Beach Fire Free
The fall season brings cooler temperatures, beautiful colors, the holidays, and great memories with family and loved ones. Plan ahead this season to help ensure it is safe and fire free.
Fire/Smoke/Soot Damage Cleanups In Redondo Beach/ Manhattan Beach.
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration, we stand on over 50 years of experience and expertise to help ensure you stay safe, informed, and ready for disaster that comes your way. The time to prepare is now. Call SERVPRO of Redondo/ Manhattan Beach franchise professionals to make sure your home and business are " Ready for whatever happens."
24 Hour Emergency Dispatch for Fire Damage Cleanup.
SERVPRO of Redondo Beach/ Manhattan Beach can be reached around the clock, 365 days out of the year at (310) 939-9293
Avoiding Commercial Water Damage
We all know how disastrous commercial water damage can be, and how it can impact your business. Acting quickly to mitigate water damage is crucial, which is why it’s important for all businesses to know the common causes of commercial water damage. Here are some major causes of commercial water damage:
1. Broken pipes. Look for any signs of water stains in your walls, it may be from a broken pipe.
2. Leaking sprinkler systems. This is similar to a broken pipe, but at a much larger volume.
3. Damage roof. This requires regular maintenance and inspection of your roof for any damage.
4. Unsealed windows. This will allow moisture to creep into unwanted areas. Like the roof, this requires regular inspection.
If you or anyone you know has a commercial building that needs water damage mitigation or just an inspection...Be sure to contact SERVPRO of Redondo Beach!
We will help make it "Like it never even happened."