Commercial BIOHAZARD Cleanup Services
Commercial BIOHAZARD Cleanup Services
Fast working environments always have a higher chance of accidents/injuries, which is why it's important to have a well known vendor you can count on for BIOHAZARD Cleanup Services.
SERVPRO of Redondo/Manhattan Beach is always here for our community when you need us most. We are here 24/7/365 to ensure the safety of your property by providing professional removal of bloodborne pathogens and disinfecting services at your command.
Can I Attempt Blood Cleanup on My Own?
Dangerous bloodborne pathogens should be handled by a professional at all times when an incident arises. These highly contagious pathogens can survive on surfaces for weeks if not properly handled by a professional immediately.
Some examples consist of:
- Hepatitis B & C
This is why trying to attempt the cleaning on your own isn't the greatest idea. You should also be aware of vendors who lacks the knowledge, and experience when it comes to these specialty cleanups.
Always play it safe and give us a call if you have any questions at (310) 939-9293.
5 Storm Tips to Help Your Property From Damages
Storm Damage Cleanup & Restoration Team
Preparation is key! If we don't take the time and effort to inspect our property surroundings, we can be dealing with costly maintenance issue's. Heavy rains and strong winds can cause destruction, we all know mother nature is a force to be reckoned with.
Here are 5 tips you can do today to prevent damage to your home.
- Have your roof inspected every year: Inspecting your roof for any flaws is crucial. By doing so, you can save yourself thousands of dollars by preventing more costly damages when heavy rain comes in.
- Know how to shut off utilities: When a heavy storm comes around, you may have to shut off your utilities. Make sure where these utilities are located and how to properly shut them off.
- Clean your gutters: If your gutters aren't clear and heavy rain kicks in, you could have high risk of water damage to your home.
- Inspect the foundation of your home: Water creeps and will find its way into your property if cracks or gaps are surrounding the area. Inspect for any signs of cracks and gaps around your home to prevent water intrusion to your property.
- Dead trees and untrimmed branches: Inspect your yards for old/dead trees that need maintenance. The last thing you want is a 20 foot tree coming down crashing to your property due to heavy winds and heavy rain.
Best Water Damage Restoration Company in The Redondo/Manhattan Beach Area
Water Damage Experts
A water main breaks and causes your basement to flood, so much water is coming out and you have no idea what to do?! TURN OFF your water main valve, (usually located outside near your water faucet) and call SERVPRO!
Water Damage Service Process and How it Works?
- A certified technician will arrive at your property and assess the situation. They will do some moisture readings to detect how much moisture you're dealing with and conduct a comprehensive analysis.
- We'll provide you with an itemized estimate to determine a plan of action and expenses to get your property back to pre loss condition.
- We are preferred vendors for most major insurance carriers. We can help you with your insurance claim. We work directly with your assigned adjuster to get a rapid response, getting you, your family, or employees back inside your property.
- Our franchise offers reconstruction making it convenient for the consumer and insurance. We are a one stop shop who does it all, restoration and reconstruction.
SERVPRO Storm Damage Restoration Services
Storm Damage Services
The severity of mother nature is unpredictable and can catch us unprepared, especially when living in Southern California. We tend to be unprepared when it comes to storms thinking it won't be as severe as a storm would be in the east coast. It's best to be prepared for the worst and always have a plan of action to execute when mother nature hits us hard.
What Storm Services to Expect From SERVPRO of Redondo/Manhattan Beach
We specialize in storm damage restoration services and repair of your belongings. If you need emergency water extraction services, digital damage content inventory for your insurance, fallen tree removal, decontamination of sewage or microbial growth, or even provide roof tarping services when your insurance gets involved. We are here to assist and make it "Like it never even happened."
What to Know About Different Categories and Classes of Water Damage
Water Damage Services
Water damage can occur in a variety of different ways at any given time of the day. You could be dealing with water intrusion from different sources like a roof leak, cracked windows, flooding from rain, broken/leaking pipes, dishwasher malfunction, busted refrigerator supply line, toilet overflow, and the list goes on...
Not all water damage is the same. You have different classes and categories of water damage that need to be considered when dealing with damages to your property.
- CAT1: Classified as a clean water source. Water that has no threat to human contact. This water is coming from water supply lines, kitchen sink overflows, ice maker machines, etc.
- CAT2: This water source contains biological, physical, or chemical contaminants that expose threat to illness or discomfort if consumed or exposed to. Examples would be toilet bowl water with urine, washing machines, dishwashers, and rain water.
- CAT3: Is the worst of all categories known as "Black Water". This source of water contains unsanitary agents, harmful bacteria, and a threat to human health if exposed to and not handled properly. This source is coming from sewage backups, feces water, rising seas, rivers, lakes, water in crawlspace.
CLASS1: Slow rate of evaporation, small portion of the room was affected, low % of moisture detected in the materials.
CLASS2: Fast rate of evaporation, entire rooms carpet is affected, walls may have a bit of moisture, no more thank 24 inches of moisture on wall. Class 2 indicates when 5% to 40% of of the room is affected (ceiling, walls, floors)
CLASS3: Fastest rate of evaporation. Water source comes from overhead affecting the entire area, ceilings, walls, floors, carpet, cushion, etc. Class 3 indicates when 40% or more of the room is affected.
CLASS4: When a specific drying approach is needed due to the saturation of materials. Low specific humidity is needed to dry materials, especially porous materials like hardwood floors, concrete, plaster, all in which require low humidity levels like mentioned, to properly dry out.
Can Bleach Be Used to Kill Mold?
This is a very common question and the answer is yes and no! Bleach can very well be effective on mold for a quick fix if anyone is dealing with a minor mold infestation smaller than 10 square feet.
Bleach can kill mold that grows on non porous surfaces like counter tops, glass, and bathtubs. It's the porous materials like wood, carpets, and drywall that can be a problem.
You see, bleach isn't able to penetrate these surfaces. This will then cause the surface mold to be killed, tricking people to believe that the bleach worked. Next thing you know the mold starts to regrow because the bleach can't fully penetrate these porous materials. This then causes confusion for most people doing the remediation on their own and end up calling for a professional opinion.
Using Natural Chemicals For Mold Removal is Key.
SERVPRO of Redondo/Manhattan Beach has always used safe natural chemicals for mold mitigation. We follow the EPA protocols on using safe natural chemicals. The reason SERVPRO doesn't use bleach is because bleach is highly corrosive, it deteriorates materials and fibers which is never good!
If you need a professional opinion on your mold issues, please don't hesitate to call us and ask us questions as we are always here to help.
Restaurant Disinfecting Services
Restaurant Disinfecting Services.
We started the new decade off with some unprecedented times in 2020. We are just now starting to see a bit of normalcy and its April 2021. While everyone is waiting patiently to get vaccinated, we are still living under a pandemic, hopefully soon to be an ENDdemic. Our new journey moving forward once everything starts to open back up is just the beginning.
People will still be hesitant to eat indoors when restaurants start to open back up. A recent survey indicated that 89% of consumers will still be hesitant to return to indoor dining, of those 89%, 40% say that cleanliness is a major factor for concern.
SERVPRO of Redondo/Manhattan Beach is excited to be here and help our local restaurants be cleaned and disinfected. Our goal is to give consumers peace of mind when they see that SERVPRO stamp of approval at the front of your restaurant doors. We have window decals and table toppers to let the consumers know that you've chosen a higher standard of clean for their safety.
As SERVPRO being America's #1 cleanup and restoration brand, we can help give your customers peace of mind knowing that they're safe when eating at your restaurants. You can always call us for free quotes on weekly defensive cleaning and disinfecting services at (310) 939-9293.
Fire Safety Tips
Studies show that you may only have two minutes to act when a fire starts in your home. If the time ever comes, you'll want to make sure you put yourself in the best possible position to make it out alive.
Here are the top tips for prevention and safety:
1. Install smoke alarms on every floor of your house. This includes bedrooms and hallways! An early warning can be the difference between life and death.
2. Test these alarms every month or so. They'll do you no good if the batteries are dead.
3. Discuss a fire escape plan with anyone living in the house and practice where you would go.
4. Call for help immediately and never go back inside the burning building!
For fire cleanup and restoration - call SERVPRO to make it, "Like it never even happened."
Commercial Cleaning Services
With the COVID pandemic still raging across the country, countless businesses have closed due to sanitation issues. Recently, businesses have been allowed to reopen with some restrictions.
Our Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned defensive cleaning program gives your business a way to provide your employees and customers with a safe environment as businesses return to normalcy.
We follow the 3 C's when providing our services. Consult, Clean, and Certify. You'll be glad you went with SERVPRO with your restoration needs.
We are available 24 hours a day to get your business back up and running. No matter how big or how many buildings, we can offer you a fair solution to your problems.
Remember to call SERVPRO so we can make it, "Like it never even happened."
Commercial Water Damage Mitigation
Water Damage Mitigation Services
SERVPRO of Redondo/Manhattan Beach provides fast and efficient restoration services for commercial structures and contents. Water can cause a significant amount of damages if not properly mitigated.
This is why its important to hire a professional with a good track record of helping property owners, and business owners, get their lives back on track. If the situation is not resolved in a timely manner, you can be dealing with secondary damages, like mold. Our team is ready to respond around the clock, 365 days out of the year to help you when you need us most!
Responding Faster Than Any Other Restoration Company
SERVPRO of Redondo/Manhattan Beach will arrive at your property within the hour of your first initial call. We deliver high quality water damage services conducted by certified professionals who actually care about helping you in your situation.
Call us 24/7 at (310) 939-9293