What to Expect From SERVPRO Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect mold in your office or home you're more than likely to call different companies to see what the process is and how much it's going to cost...
Here at SERVPRO of Redondo/ Manhattan Beach we have our certified technicians that deal with mold remediation on the daily, helping countless property owners with their mold issues.
What Exactly Is Mold Remediation?
Mold remediation has different steps depending if there's visible mold or suspicion of mold.
Suspected Mold: If you suspect mold but can't see it with the naked eye, we would get a third party company involved to provide air samples within the suspected areas to be tested for mold spores.
Visible Mold: For visible mold, we would schedule an assessment with our certified technician to provide an estimate and a plan of action.
- Assessment: SERVPRO tech will perform moisture check in suspected areas, thoroughly search your home for mold, looking at areas that most commonly have issues with mold.
- Testing: Test for non visible mold to get a report and the correct treatment from the lab results.
- Results/Plan of Action: When the results come back with the suggested plan of action, our team of professionals will come up with a treatment plan based on their findings during the assessment, and the lab results from the third party company.
- Treatment: Leakes and pipes must be fixed, windows must be sealed, anything that caused moisture to build and cause mold growth must be situated before mold remediation begins. Drywall or wood foundations may be replaced, wallpaper or flooring materials may be replaced. Antimicrobial solution will be used to deep clean the area, and then some time to properly dry out the area to prevent it from happening again.
- Final Process: After a few days if mold hasn't grown back, reconstruction can begin.