Tips to Preventing Electrical Fires in Redondo Beach
Many common appliances run the risk of creating an electrical fire. Such appliances include dryers, stoves, microwaves, and toasters. Should you be faced with this kind of disaster, make sure not to attempt to put out the fire with water as the water creates a risk of electrocution.
What to Do:
- Baking soda may be used instead of water if it is safe to do so.
- Make sure to turn off both the appliance and the circuit breaker or the fuse box’s main switch.
- Call 911 if necessary.
How to Prevent:
- Avoid connecting too many devices onto one outlet. This can lead to your outlet being overloaded.
- Turn off large appliances like washing machines and dishwashers so they are not left running overnight.
- Have a smoke detector and check it regularly to make sure it is functioning properly.
And remember, SERVPRO of Redondo Beach/Manhattan Beach is on standby to help you address any restoration needs.